LIVE
No live matches
🌍 Other regions

DACH
Iberia
Scandinavië
Balkan
Baltische Staten
Centraal en Oost-Europa
Mediterraan
Benelux
Other countries


ONE GAME. ONE COMMUNITY. ALL TOGETHER.
← Back to articles

Serie A

Schira warns Atalanta‑Cagliari summit may seal or sink Esposito deal

🇮🇹 By 4AllFootball ·
Schira warns Atalanta‑Cagliari summit may seal or sink Esposito deal

Market analyst Nicolò Schira said a summit between Atalanta and Cagliari is scheduled today to finalise talks over forward Sebastiano Esposito, whose possible transfer to Napoli now appears to be in jeopardy. The discussion comes amid reports on Google Discover that the deal may collapse.

Calciomercato Napoli risks losing the offensive joker Sebastiano Esposito as negotiations with Cagliari stall. The uncertainty has been highlighted by several Italian media outlets.

The information first appeared on Google Discover, listed under the heading “Fonti preferite” and was also published in Stampa A− A+. Those sources flagged the potential breakdown of the transfer.

Schira confirmed that the meeting, described as a summit, will take place today, aiming to close the deal between Atalanta and Cagliari. He stressed that the player has already given his consent.

A separate statement posted on social media indicated that a meeting is also planned for tomorrow afternoon between Atalanta and Cagliari specifically for Esposito. Atalanta is pushing to sign the striker, who has expressed willingness to join the Dea until 2031.

Agent Mario Giuffredi told that Cagliari president Giulini pretended to keep Esposito but actually wanted to sell, citing his brief ten‑minute attendance at a crucial Thursday meeting as evidence of zero interest. Giuffredi said the president’s behaviour showed “zero interest in keeping the player.”

Giuffredi also criticised director Accardi, calling him a “paper‑pusher,” and stressed the need to resolve tensions quickly for the player’s mental health. He argued that the club must set aside internal frictions.

He recalled that he previously secured a €12 million transfer for Gaetano to Cagliari and pledged to do the same for Sebastiano Esposito. The agent highlighted his track record in facilitating lucrative moves.

Giuffredi added that Napoli currently has many attackers, that the club’s fans dislike him, but his priority remains the interests of his players. He concluded that he will continue to act in the best interest of Esposito.

Discussion (0)

International discussion — reactions from football fans across all countries come together here. Use the translate button for comments in other languages.

Be the first to comment!

Comment on this article

Choose a display name — you don't have to use your real name

Your display name is shown, your email never. Privacy

← Back to articles