Eredivisie
Verweij dismisses Ajax interest in Danjuma amid swirling Dutch rumors
Mike Verweij, the Ajax‑watcher for De , told the podcast Kick‑off that 29‑year‑old striker Arnaut Danjuma is “absolutely not on the table” for Ajax currently, at present, dismissing circulating rumours of Dutch clubs targeting the Valencia forward in the transfer market.
Rumoured market interest
Reports surfaced that both PSV and Ajax were ‘concrete’ in the market for Danjuma, the 29‑year‑old who has been featuring for Valencia since last summer. Transferjournalist Mounir Boualin claimed on Sunday evening that the two Nederlandse top clubs had already contacted the striker’s camp and that he himself would be open to a return to the Eredivisie.
Verweij, however, said little of that information holds up, stating the news appears largely inaccurate during his appearance on the Kick‑off podcast.
Verweij’s clarification
“I saw Danjuma’s name appear and noticed that colleagues at Eindhovens Dagblad denied PSV interest. I also checked with Ajax. At this moment, and I never say never, there is absolutely no talk,” he told the audience.
Rumours of Ajax and PSV interest in Danjuma hit a wall
He added that it is common for agents to place a player on the market when two clubs are mentioned, creating the impression of genuine demand.
What is confirmed is that Ajax in Amsterdam is actively searching for at least one, preferably two, successors to Mika Godts, who departed for Paris Saint‑Germain.
The club’s focus remains on finding new attacking options rather than pursuing Danjuma, according to Verweij’s statements.
Vermeend: Danjuma’s Spain saga stalls as PSV and Ajax linger
Verweij believes there is more behind the Danjuma chatter, suggesting the rumours may be driven by market manipulation rather than concrete interest.