Eredivisie
Depay signs two‑year deal with Corinthians after salary cut
Memphis Depay has signed a two‑year contract with Brazil’s Corinthians, club chairman Osmar Stabile announced, after the Dutch international accepted a reduced salary. The agreement follows last week’s deadlock when the club could not meet the player’s financial demands. The striker, who joined in 2024 and has scored 20 goals in 79 matches, has not yet confirmed the deal himself.
Deal reached after dispute
Club chairman Osmar Stabile said that Corinthians and the Oranje international have finally reached an agreement and that Memphis Depay has signed a two‑year contract. The contract saga that has dominated recent headlines is therefore not over but has moved to a new phase.
Last week it became clear that Depay could not remain at the São Paulo‑based club because Corinthians could not meet the Dutchman’s financial demands. Depay responded angrily, accusing the club of failing to honour prior agreements.
Salary cut and future plans
Stabile added that the player and the club resumed talks and that Depay accepted a lower salary.
"He has considerably reduced it," Stabile told the Brazilian branch of . "Everything is fine. It was hard work. We thank the team of Memphis Depay and him personally. After a personal conversation we got the amount down. We have done what financially was best for Corinthians."
He also stated, "Corinthians will pay the salary of Memphis. We are trying to find partners for that. We have two years for that."
Depay, who has been with Corinthians since 2024, has recorded 20 goals in 79 matches. He has not yet confirmed the new contract himself.
Brazilian media report that the striker will report to training on Tuesday. Stabile made his comments to the Brazilian branch of .